Bar Anticipation Identification Checking Policy
Bar Anticipation’s identification policy follows that of State Law.
Identification questions CANNOT be determined over the phone or via email. Since, the appearance of the individual presenting the identification must be compared to the identification presented by the individual, identification questions can only be answered in person by the individual looking at the identification in question.
Every person entering Bar Anticipation must present either a valid Photo Drivers License or an official Photo Identification Card issued by the State or Federal Government. Currently, other than a valid Photo Drivers License, State ABC law only allows us to accept an American Passport as proof of age. Details below.
Primary Identification typically accepted:
Drivers License – If a drivers license is changed, duplicate, not from New Jersey, or if the door person doesn’t believe the individual presenting the identification is the person who is pictured on the identification, secondary (back up) photo identification is required.
Passport – If the passport appears altered in any way, or if the individual presenting the identification does not look like the person on the passport, secondary (back up) photo identification is necessary.
Further, the picture on the passport must be less than five years old (if the individual presenting the passport is younger than thirty years old) to be accepted as a primary form of identification. By way of example, if the passport presented says that the individual is 24 years old, and the picture on the passport was taken when that individual was 18, this is NOT acceptable as a primary form of identification.
If an individual does not have one of the two above pieces of identification, they will not be allowed in.
The following Secondary (back up) ID is acceptable ONLY if accompanied with a primary form as outline above:
- County Identification Card (photo)
- Military ID (photo)
- College ID (photo)
- Credit Card, Debit Card, or Bank Card (photo)
- College or High School Yearbook
- NJDMV Boat License (photo)
If there is any question, after observing the Primary and Secondary identification, the following may be used to help the door person decide if the individual is of age. The below is not to be used in place of secondary identification however:
- Automobile Registration and Insurance Card (together)
- Credit Cards (non photo)
- Work Identification
- Anyone that is believed to be visibly intoxicated will be denied entry.
- Anyone that is believed to have been recently in a fight (bleeding, torn clothing, visibly agitated) will be denied entry.
- Anyone acting in such a manner to suggest that they will cause a disturbance on the premises will be denied entry.
- Even if an individual has all of the above identification, if the door personnel does not believe the person presenting the identification is the person to whom the identification belongs, that individual will not be allowed in.
The bottom line is, if there is a doubt about your identification, bring as much back up as you possibly can to give yourself the best chance of getting into the bar.
All identification issues must be handled at the door with the person presenting the identification in question. Identification issues cannot be solved over the phone or e-mail.